This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

If you love The Office, then you will love this new podcast, The Office Ladies. Hosted by Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey, The Office Ladies dives deep into the inner workings of each of The Office episode. 

“The Office co-stars and best friends, Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey, are doing the ultimate The Office re-watch podcast for you. Each week Jenna and Angela will break down each episode of The Office and give you exclusive behind the scene stories that only two people who were there, can tell you,” described the Earwolf, the comedy network where the podcast was created.

Starting with the pilot episode, Jenna and Angela, known as Pam and Angela on the show, go through each episode of the series and talk about what happened behind the scenes and what the viewers were not able to catch on screen. They also talk a lot about deleted scenes, that never made it past the final cutting block. (A little tip I learned while listening, if you are interested in watching the deleted scenes, they can be found on the DVD set). 

Now, for all of the show’s fanatics out there, I highly recommend you listen to this podcast. As a fanatic myself, there are so many details and story lines that I never picked up on that they talk about in the podcast. They also let us in on some pretty interesting facts, or fast facts as Jenna likes to call them, about the writers and the cast. 

Here are some of the facts I learned while listening:

1. Paul Lieberstein (Toby), Mindy Kaling (Kelly) and B.J. Novak (Ryan) were both writers and actors for the show. 
  2. Phyllis Smith (Phyllis) was originally a part of the casting crew and would help those who were auditioning read lines. When the casting crew heard the way Phyllis read her lines, they decided to cast her in the show and created the character of Phyllis Vance just for her. 
  3. Paul Lieberstein also got his start on the show this way. He was originally only a writer until he filled in one day to read lines for a scene, because they had not casted the role of Toby yet. The producers loved the way he read the lines and they ended up giving the role to him. 
  4. Nancy Carell (Steve Carell’s wife) plays Carol Stills. Michael and Carol play lovers on the show, with a very short-lived relationship. 
  5. B.J. Novak (Ryan), although not an initial main character, was the first to be casted on the show. 

I hope I didn’t spoil too much, but I can assure you there are plenty more “fast facts” told during each episode of the podcast. 

Gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Lauren Dykstra

Stony Brook '21

Lauren is a current senior at Stony Brook University majoring in Political Science. She will also be receiving her MBA at Stony Brook through the Accelerated Masters Program. She loves to travel, listen to music and play with her dogs!
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.