This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

California Mango is the brand you need to hydrate your skin and create a tropical experience at home.

Nothing says summer to me like a tropical vacation surrounded by the smell of coconuts and mango. It reminds me of sitting on a beach in the big Island of Hawaii. As my wave battered surfboard, which is planted firmly in the sand next to me starts to lean slightly, I lean back with it, watching the sunset as I sip mango juice from a mango. Unfortunately the COVID-19 pandemic has interrupted many vacations this summer. But, you know the old saying if you can’t go to the tropics, bring the tropics to you! 

In my search to create a tropical experience at home, I came across California Mango whose mango scented products are everything! The company is based in California and their products are made in the U.S, now more than ever it is important to support small businesses. Their products are paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan. Their products contain a variety of vitamins, anti-inflammatory aloe vera, and goji, which firms are restores skin, and acai, which fights free radicals.

They have just about everything you would need for a refreshing bath and overall body care. This includes hand soap, exfoliator, body gel, and nail products such as a strengthener polish and a brightener polish. These are a few of on my favorite products that really changed my routine. 

All their products have a mango scent. Some products have a stronger scent than others but regardless it leaves you surrounded by a tropical smell that I didn’t think was possible to replicate without being in the tropics but California Mango has proved me wrong. 

Their Mango Extreme Creme is the best hand creme I have ever used! I put it on at night and when I wake up my hands are still moisturized and soft. It helped get rid of the cracks in my hands from the long winter we had and it smells just like mango! If you are a fan of Kylie Jenner’s coconut hand lotion then you will fall in love with product! In my opinion it works better and the price is a lot more affordable. 

Their Body Massage Cream is something to take note of. It has anti-inflammatory proprietary and is great for soothing sore muscles. It is creamy and easy to use. I love the relaxing feeling I get from using it on sore muscles. I found it is very relaxing to use after a bath. It is a great alternative to going to a massage parlor. 

Hand sanitizer is now a part of everyone’s routine for better or for worse. California Mango has a Micro Antiseptic Spray Hand Sanitizer. Sprays are my favorite type of hand sanitzers to use and not many brands make them. This product doesn’t dry my skin out and it also has a smell of mangos like all their other products but with a hint of coconut. It is easy to use and it sprays evenly. 

I, like so many people have been doing my nails at home and I’ve added California Mango’s Mango Magic Cuticle Oil. This product smells like pure mango! It is good enough to eat! But better yet it does a great job on my cuticles. For my at home pedicure I combine that with their Mango Mend Treatment Balm to recreate a nail salon experience at home. They also have a set called: My Nail Salon is Closed. It is a four piece kit that contains their cuticle oil, the Mango Extreme Creme, Nail Strengthener polish and a 2-Way Chamois Buffer File.

A huge stand out products for me is actually their hair care line. I probably have more hair products than a beauty supply store! I have tried everything from professional prestige products to the 99 cent store products. When it comes to California Mangos’ Hair Care, I have never had a product that does so much, so well for such a great price. First of all the Daily Conditioner makes you hair soft and shiny with a hint of mango. I have frizzy hair there is no way around to and lately it has been so dry, probably from the sun, heater and air purifier, but this left my hair feeling soft, silky, shiny and very manageable. The Leave In-Conditioner gives it body and a slight texture. I absolutely love it! There is the hint of mango but once you blow dry it, it is basically undetectable. The leave in conditioner is a true gem that I absolutely recommend! 

California Mango products are high quality and I love that I can get what I need while also supporting a U.S. based small business. Here is a video with a quick look two of my favorite products: the Micro Antiseptic Spray Hand Sanitizer andMango Extreme Creme.

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.