This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

I am a huge fan of local coffee shops; they offer a look into small businesses and the surrounding community through their atmosphere and menu. Stony Brook is lucky to be in an area surrounded by coffee shops, and busy Stony Brook students are lucky to have many ways to caffeinate. These are my favorite places to visit for a bite to eat and grabbing a drink for a little pick-me-up.

Druther’s Coffee – This modern and chic coffee shop is within walking distance from campus, across from the LIRR. The menu is amazing with traditional espresso and tea in addition to creative originals like Blue Iced Cocoa, which is white chocolate, and blue pea flower tea infused in oat milk, Spronic, which is espresso over tonic, and Sparkling matcha, which combines matcha with sparkling water. Their baked goods are delicious and are original recipes and they offer daily breakfast specials. The vibe here is relaxed and soothing, making it the perfect place to study—especially with their later hours. They play a mix of pop and classic rock, and their lemon tree adds a sense of comfort and home. I recommend getting a latte with oat milk and their housemate simple syrup for a bit of sweetness. Their bagels make the perfect mid-afternoon snack. This is the picturesque coffee shop where the “main character” is a regular and studies daily. Check them out on insta: @drutherscoffee.

Crazy Beans – This is the best place to grab a whole breakfast or brunch instead of just a quick bite. The menu is full of yummy food, complete with build-your-own omelets, breakfast classics, and countless sandwiches. They also have seasonal specials, featuring specialty latte flavorings and brunch bites. The best part is their extensive list of unique flavors for their espresso drinks including blueberry, toasted marshmallow, and peanut butter. This is the perfect place to grab lunch with friends because their menu offers something for everyone, and the customized drinks allow for fun and creativity. It’s the perfect environment for chatting and feasting together, especially since their interior is decorated like a vintage diner. I recommend building your own omelet for the perfect mix of protein and veggies however you want and pairing that with a fun flavored latte. This is the place you can try some crazy flavors; after all, crazy is in their name. Check them out on insta: @crazybeansrestaurant.

Matcha Tea in Heaven – This is the cutest place to grab a matcha. The cafe is perfectly designed to be instagrammable, and their white hallways with moss lettering that spells out “I love you so much,” has been filling the Instagram feeds of many Stony Brook students. For good reason too, since their matcha is perfectly sweetened and their menu features unique flavors like blueberry matcha, which compliments the sweet matcha with a tart fruit flavor. The cafe also offers a full espresso menu and baked goods. The cafe offers a modern and peaceful atmosphere. This is the perfect place to grab a matcha before perhaps heading to a yoga class since there is an incredible zen-like feeling present in the pure simplicity of this cafe. I recommend getting iced matcha (you will be surprised by how sweet and flavorful it is) and pairing it with one of their buttery and flakey croissants. Check them out on insta: @matchateainheaven.

Remember to tag us in all your Stony Brook adventures @hcstonybrook!

Julia is a national writer for Her Campus. While she writes for all verticals, her focus is the wellness section, bringing you everything you need to know about relationships, astrology, and the best ways to get down and dirty. Julia is a recent grad of Stony Brook University, where she studied journalism with a minor in women's studies. During her time at SBU, she was a VS PINK campus rep, and an active member of Her Campus @ SBU. When she isn't writing, you can find Julia reading a smutty romance novel, hitting up her local crystal shop, or thrifting with an iced oat milk latte in hand. She's a Capricorn (but you probably already knew that) and a practicing yogi.