This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

BeautyCon 2019 marks the convention’s 5th anniversary. The two day convention featured companies that sold health and wellness, nails, skincare, accessories, including bags and mirrors, and of course, cosmetics.

Companies had various sales, special experiences such as Kiss, a nail company, offered free press on nails and Shea Moisture, a hair care company, had free hair braiding. After posting a picture on instagram, they gave you a free full size product.

There were well known companies such as Lime Crime, Violet Voss and Too Faced. I also encountered brands I never heard of before such as Raw Sugar, which gave out amazingly moisturizing full size lip balms and their bath salts smell incredible. I wish they made perfume. Kenzie from Dance Moms, started her own beauty line this past fall and they had a kiosk.

Sally’s Beauty teamed up with Beautycon for a Style Academy, where I learned some amazing techniques from top stylists. Those who weren’t lucky enough to be chosen to be in the academy could catch the sessions on Instagram live.

In addition to all the experiences and shopping, were celebs such as Jonathan Cheban who attended with his mother, as well as Becky G and Manny MUA.

There were many panels. The most informative and honest one, in my opinion, was Cardi B. She got open and honest and gave advice to the audience. She suggested that people take a business course in college because you might not go into the line of work you got a degree in. She also opened up about wage gaps and spoke about how she makes sure that she gets paid the same as her male counterparts, ““I get paid equally because as I came up, I’ve seen male rappers, and we would do shows together, and I asked ‘why is this man making more money than me?’”

For more information on beautycon, head to beautycon.com

https://youtu.be/l99dF-LBnlw

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
The collgiette's online guide to life in seawolf country.