Style

Addicted to Your Phone, Tablet or Other Electronic? You Need to Check Out These Sunglasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

If you are always using electronics (and who isn’t) you need to check out Dove Cameron’s new sunglasses

Sunglasses are the ultimate accessory. You can wear them over eyes, put them on top of your head, they can make you look flirty or mysterious. I am a fan of Dove Cameron and her style is minimalist chic so when I heard she was coming out with a line of affordable sunglasses in collaboration with Privé Revaux, a company known for stylish sunglasses and frames for an affordable price, I just had to check them out.

Dove’s collection consists of 4 different styles: The Veronica, The Cameron, The Modern and The Celeste. The Veronica.

The Modern and The Celeste each have a clear and blush peach selection available. Those three also have an old Hollywood glam look with a classic cat eye shape. 

The Cameron is round with frames that include silver, black, and rose gold chrome glasses with more pigment in the glasses themselves; the colors of the glasses are actually described as “mirror” online like blue mirror, black mirror etc, as opposed to her other sunglasses which seem to be fairly sheer. 

The colors in Dove’s collection also include traditional sun glass colors: black and tortoise However, what makes these sunglasses stand out against all your department store sunglasses in your drawer is that these scratch resistant lenses are specially designed to protect you against waves from electronics which in turn can help you get a better night’s rest reduce eye strain and can even prevent headaches. 

One of my favorite things about Dove’s collection is their spring hinges. I don’t know about you but I have left many sunglasses because they are too tight but spring hinges allow glasses to adjust to fit you. 

The lenses themselves aren’t that dark so you can wear them at night or indoors if you are someone who is on their phone or tablet a lot as these can help you protect your eye from the damaging blue light emanating from electronics.

These are currently on sale for 29.99 for a limited time and you can also use the 10% student discount at purchase. You can find the glasses online at PrivéRevaux.com

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.