This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

After a grueling semester filled with pulling all-nighters in the Central Reading Room, I know that I am excited to sit back and revitalize before the new semester starts again. Relax like a pro during winter break with these tips.all-nighters in the Central Reading Room, I know that I am excited to sit back and revitalize before the new semester starts again. Relax like a pro during winter break with these tips.

1. Take baths bursting with bath bombs.​

Taking a bath is a refreshing experience from the dorms where you can only take showers with shower flip-flops. Make the bath even better by adding a bath bomb to soak and soothe your skin.

2. Sip some tea. 

A warm cup when it is snowing will hydrate and refresh you. There are so many fun flavors to try from holiday infused peppermint bark to the traditional English breakfast. Savor them all by the fireplace.

3. Face mask it up.​

The options nowadays are endless from clay to charcoal to gel. Get a peel-off mask to peel away the stress from the semester. Some masks even contain vitamins to make sure you skin radiates.

4. Curl up with a book.

Visit your local bookstore and smell the fresh ink on the pages of the books. Find a new read and curl up to enjoy it.

5. Binge-watch movies.​

Without any deadlines haunting you, you are free to watch as much as you want. If you are in the festive mood, enjoy some classic holiday movies.

6. Exercise

Hitting the gym gets your heart pumping and makes you feel more energetic. Make exercising fun by going on runs with friends or taking dancing classes.

We all deserve a break after working hard all semester. Make sure to take time for yourself during break and treat your self. You deserve it.

Gifs courtesy of Giphy

Linda Jafa

Stony Brook

Biology Major, Writing Minor, Pre-Law Stony Brook University
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor