Style > Fashion

5 Ways to Add A Pop of Pumpkin Spice to Your Fall Fit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s October which means it’s officially sweater weather here at Stony Brook. So while you’re pumpkin picking or sipping a PSL on the Staller Steps, here’s how to add a dash of pumpkin vibes to your outfit.

A bold orange manicure is a subtle way to add some fall vibes to your outfit. Try Essie’s Bolt and Be Bold, the orangey-yellow shade is perfect for fall. It’s Essie’s expressie formula, which quickly dries in five minutes – perfect for a busy Stony Brook student. 

These Sugarfix by Baublebar Pumpkin Spice Latte earrings at Target, are the sparkliest way to show how much you love a PSL. They will pair perfectly with a sweater and leggings for easy yet perfect fall vibes before your morning class. Of course, there is a rule that you must drink at least one pumpkin spice latte while wearing these. 

Thirdly, the perfect shoe for every season is a classic pair of Chucks. Pair these orange platform hightops with a pair of ripped mom jeans, a creamy crop top, and an oversized cardigan for perfect cozy vibes while your apple picking. On lazier days, rock these Chucks with a pair of your favorite leggings and a tan sweatshirt. 

Pink’s newest fragrance line will let you make PSL your signature fall scent. Add a few sprays to every look to bring the scent of cozy autumn to all your best looks. The scent features notes of warm gourmand with hints of pumpkin spice and whipped cream. The scent line shows basic scents focused on simplicity and comfort. 

Add an orange flannel to any look for an optional layer in fall tones. Tie it around your waist for a 90z grunge vibe or layer it with a solid top and your favorite jeans. This bold orange plaid flannel from Urban Outfitters, is the perfect bright shade of orange to add a fun layer of color to a fall outfit. 

For those fall days that still feel like summer, try an orange dress with a boho vibe to be reminiscent of both seasons. This dress from Amazon features a smocked bust, with ruffle details and long sleeves that can be worn on or off the shoulder. Pair it with a pair of sandals or booties depending on the weather. Layer it with a denim jacket or cream cardigan for a cozier look on chilly mornings.

Tag us in all your pumpkin spice looks @hercampusstyle and @hcstonybrook. 

Julia is a national writer for Her Campus. While she writes for all verticals, her focus is the wellness section, bringing you everything you need to know about relationships, astrology, and the best ways to get down and dirty. Julia is a recent grad of Stony Brook University, where she studied journalism with a minor in women's studies. During her time at SBU, she was a VS PINK campus rep, and an active member of Her Campus @ SBU. When she isn't writing, you can find Julia reading a smutty romance novel, hitting up her local crystal shop, or thrifting with an iced oat milk latte in hand. She's a Capricorn (but you probably already knew that) and a practicing yogi.