The weather is warming up, and it’s time for a fresh mani. Here are a few looks to try to add a blossom of spring to your fits:
- A shimmer of pearls. Start with a classic french mani in whatever shape your heart desires. Adding a pearl to the base of each nail is the perfect way to keep your nails neutral and classic while adding a trendy flair. Start with a neutral nude shade like Essie “Ballet Slippers” for a classic opaque pink or Cirque Colors “Organza” for a sheer color. Add a simple white tip like OPI “Funny Bunny” to complement the pure white of the miniature pearls. Finally, add mini pearls to finish off the look.
- Fun Ferns. Add some spring greens to your favorite spring fits with sage green nails. Paint your nails sage green like Essie “Swoon in the Lagoon,” Zoya “Sage” in a satin finish, or Olive and June “WTK” for a brighter olive tone. Then add white leaf shapes to your nails for a fresh spring addition.
- Feeling floral. We know “florals for spring? Groundbreaking.” But this is the perfect time to add a simple floral to your mani. Start with a simple glossy base coat. The floral design is meant to shine in these designs, so the base should be simple. Then take whatever colors your heart desires and add your favorite flowers. Essie “Play Date” is perfect for lavender, Sally Hansen’s “My Ca-Banana” is perfect for sunflowers, and OPI “Big Apple Red” is perfect for poppies.
- Pastel Tips and Floral Accents. The colorful french tip trend has been big as neon colors take over fashion. This nail design combines the bright tips and the flowers of spring. Start with a neutral nail and a fun french tip in fun colors like ORLY “So Fly” for neon green, Olive and June “Bright and Focused” for neon yellow, Essie “All Dolled Up” for a bold pink, and Essie “Check for Baggage” for a sunshiney yellow and OPI “It’s a boy!” for a baby blue. Paint each tip a different color and add simple white dot daisies with a yellow center.
- Teeny Tiny Hearts. Neutrals are always in, and so is love, even if Valentine’s day was a month ago. Start with a basic nude like OPI “Bare My Soul” and add tiny white hearts with a shade like Essie Gel Couture “First Fitting.” The design is simple, but that simplicity makes it super easy to add your own flair to!