This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

This winter has given us a wide range of temperatures from a wind chill of below 0 all the way up to 50 degrees. Needless to say, that can wreak havoc on our skin. Here are 4 must-have beauty products that are essential to keeping that healthy glow to your skin in the winter.

1. Sunscreen

What? But it’s not summer. The truth is in winter we are actually closer to the sun than the summer. However regardless of the season experts suggest that you wear sunscreen all year long. Try It Cosmetics foundations because not only are they good for sensitive skin, but they also offer a wide range of coverage from sheer to full and have 50 SPF.

2. Exfoliator

Cold dry weather can dry out skin and cause a whole lot of irritations making it flaky. You can get rid of flaky skin with a gentle exfoliator. However, be careful not to over exfoliate as it can cause the opposite issue and actually irritate your skin; after all, you are rubbing a layer off your skin. For a gentle and effective exfoliator try any of Dr. Brant’s exfoliators. I’ve found them to be gentle enough for sensitive skin but strong enough to get the job done. They recommend only using it a few times a week.

3. Cleanser

Removing your makeup every night is important, but nightly cleansing isn’t just for people who wear makeup. Keeping your skin clean can help prevent blemishes and other skin issues. Try It Cosmetics range of cleanser. I find them to be gentle and moisturizing, not to mention they have an amazing citrus smell! I only wish the smell came in a perfume as well! 

4. Moisturizer

Sun + wind + the world =  a recipe for disaster… or at least dry skin. Applying a daily moisturizer can help prevent issues such as dry skin keeping that protective barrier we all hear so much about. Try CeraVe moisturizers since not only is it sold everywhere from Ulta to Target to drugstores, but they also contain SPF and who doesn’t love a two-for-one! 

Gif courtesy of Steemit

I love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion and accessories and more. I love musicals, singing, movies and all things beauty including hair! I've acted in movies, sung opera and won pageants. I also write fiction and many of my stories have been featured in anthologies.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor