3 Eyeliners for Wings Sharp Enough to Slay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

I joke around and call myself an eyeliner connoisseur. Makeup is such a lovely art form and anyone who knows me knows that I have to have the perfect wing. I think I’ve had wings since I was 14 and God were those awful. Talk about cringe worthy, we all had the messed up wing stage at some point in our lives.

But for all my lovely makeup enthusiasts, here are my top 3 eyeliners that I am currently using.

(Disclaimer: We all have different preferences in what finishes we like and some of us have dry lids or oily lids. I’m using what usually works for me since I have oily lids. You may like the same ones I’m using or not. It’s all up to you!)

Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper Price: $20.00 at Sephora

I prefer using eyeliner pens because I personally feel like I have more control when drawing the perfect wing on. This is a felt tipped pen that has such rich black pigment that lasts me all day. As I said before I have oily lids and usually at the end of the day my eyeliner fades/smudges away, BUT this one is awesome. When I’m at school I know this eyeliner is going to last me for a while. It doesn’t crumble either which I know annoys just about anyone when someone points out small flakes on your cheeks or whenever you feel them inside your eye. Ugh. If you want to splurge, I suggest getting this one!

NYX Matte Liquid LinerPrice: $6.99 at Ulta 

Ok, so I know some people read the price for Kat’s eyeliner and were like “LOL nope”. I agree with you, 20 bucks for an eyeliner is way too much. Listen, I had to treat myself once in a while! NYX’s eyeliner though, is my holy grail, my one true love (sorry babe), my ride or die. This eyeliner does not budge, doesn’t flake and is true to its name! Kat Von D’s eyeliner has a tiny bit of a sheen for me and I’m usually a matte girl when it comes to eyeliner. I like it bold and right in your face. AND just look at the price! That’s a steal for an eyeliner that works just as good, if not better than high end. (Just my opinion!) Just please be careful when removing it at night though because I almost ripped my eyelid in half, hahaha. Definitely use eye makeup remover because a wipe did not do justice for me.

3. Wet n Wild MegaLinerPrice $2.99 on Wet ‘n Wild’s Website 

Wet ‘n Wild has been getting a lot of praise in the beauty community over their new foundation and liquid lipstick which I am dying to get my hands on. But, $2.99 for a liquid eyeliner? You know I had to try it out to see the magic. I got the color Voltage Blue and it is quite the stunner, VERY pigmented with one swipe!! If you like bold colors to show off or play around and take pictures then I highly recommend this one! It’s not going to make your wallet cry one bit and it dries down matte which makes the color stand out even more. It does crumble a tiny bit, but it wasn’t as bothersome as other eyeliners that tend to crumble. It’s $2.99 people! Come on and grab it, it’s not so bad!

Julitza Zapata

Stony Brook '18

Julitza is one comic book loving, video game fanatic and makeup enthusiast that's willing to share her stories/experiences and favorite things with everyone. Currently in her final year at Stony Brook she's excited to see where the future will take her and what's in store.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor