20 Things Girls with Older Brothers Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

1. We get along better with boysI mean who doesn’t prefer a drama-free friendship?

2. We might just be a little too loudWhen you grew up screaming and shouting over toys and Pokémon cards, you kind of do develop stronger vocal cords.

3. You still have injuries from fighting with him

I’m surprised I still have hair left…

4. One of your friends had a crush on him

As disgusting as it might have made you feel, you got used to holding back your vomit.

5. You probably use or used Men’s’ deodorant/ perfumeI mean they do smell better than the girl ones.

6. You definitely had a crush on one (or more) of his friends

Why else would you expect me to stay out with the guys under the sun all day?

7. You hate introducing your significant others to themAnd the interrogations never end…

8. We are fast eaters

If you didn’t eat fast enough; you didn’t get more and probably went to bed hungry.

9. We missed out on all the girly stuff as teenagers

“Aren’t lip gloss and lipstick the same thing?”

10. You’re a pro-liar

Years of experience from trying to cover for him.

11. You probably look like a guy in all of your childhood photosThanks to your parents, you probably wore all of your brother’s old clothes.

12. You’re not afraid to get into a fightBeating each other was a daily chore growing up.

13. You learned to take criticismHe made fun of everything you did growing up. I don’t think anyone can top that, really.

14. He’s insanely protectiveNo one is good enough.

15. You can trust him with all of your secrets

He probably won’t even remember them.

16. You don’t know what compliments areAll you ever heard was ‘Good” and “Nice”.

17. You’re used to being the angel childDaddy’s little princess can do no wrong.

18. You have someone who matches your level of weirdnessCraziness probably runs in the family.

19. You’ve been considered a boy by your family for the majority of your life

Clothes, toys, even haircuts. Gee, thanks, mom.

20. You know he’s always got your back

Can’t live with them; can’t live without them!

All gifs courtesy of Giphy.com

Rushnan Islam

Stony Brook '20

Rushnan is currently a senior Biology major at Stony Brook University. She loves coffee, books, writing, and city-hopping (in that order)!
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor