12 Dorm Room Accessories For Proud Pineapple Lovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

One of the most exciting parts about college (besides, you know, college) is getting to decorate your dorm room. This is your chance to show off your style — be it boho, chic, or total diva — and what better way to unleash your inner decor queen than with fruit royalty? If you have even a slight obsession with pineapples (whether or not you choose to admit it) these are dorm room accessories that your room will NOT be complete without.

1. Pineapple String Lights Add a little light (and deliciousness) to your room with these adorable string lights (if your dorm allows them!). String lights are an easy way to instantly give your room a little more personality without damaging the walls (you can just use clear tape or command hooks to hang them). You can get them here.

2. Pineapple Garland If your college has a policy against hanging string lights in the dorm rooms, you can use pineapple-themed paper garlands as decoration instead. They’re just as cute and you won’t get in trouble for them. If you’re *hung-up* on these garlands, you can get them here.

3. Pineapple Prints Prints are simple ways to spice up a bland wall, and we all know there are plenty of those in college! This one from Etsy is really pretty and you can find a ton of others there too. Just buy a picture frame for your masterpiece or get creative with decorative tape as a border.

4. Pineapple Pillows Have *sweet* dreams with your pineapple pillow under your head. Its practical use as bedding makes it even more of a cute must-have for your dorm room. There are so many different designs and colors so it’ll be easy for you to find something that matches the aesthetic of your room. Check this one out here.

5. A Pineapple-Themed Rug A single rug can really bring a room together, and it’s great to wake up and land on something warm and soft when you hop off your bed. Rugs are awesome, but make them even more awesome with a pineapple design on them. This one is from Etsy.

6. A Pineapple-Themed Mousepad If you’re a lover of external mice, unite it with your love of pineapples with a printed mousepad. Some people love using an external mouse because it makes it easier for them to get things done quicker rather than using the mousepad on a laptop. Find this one here.

7. Pineapple Pencil Holder Add some desk candy to make your room a little more fun. This pencil holder with a pineapple design is perfect for keeping your writing utensils in one place while bringing a dull desk space to life. You can get this one here.

8. A Magazine Holder…with a Pineapple on it! Even though you might not use your magazine holder to organize actual magazines, you can still use it to organize notebooks, journals and folders. You can find this one here.

9. Pineapple Clock

It’s about *time* you got your hands on a wall clock. Psst, it has a pineapple on it! It’s much nicer than a plain, boring clock and you’ll definitely use it everyday. This one is from Zazzle.

10. A Pineapple Jewelry Dish

Jewelry dishes, like this one from Etsy, are simple ways to keep track of your jewelry. You can remove your rings before bed and plop them down in the dish. Same goes for bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. Pineapples may wear the crown, but you can still be the queen of fab jewelry organization.

11. A Pineapple Mug

If you’re also a crazy mug lady, you need to add this to your collection. There’s nothing like a nice, hot cup in the morning before you leave for class. There isn’t much that can make coffee better than it already is, but a cute mug is one of them. Find this one here.

12. Pineapple Bedroom Slippers Cute bedroom slippers are a dorm room necessity! From traveling from the shower to trudging downstairs for a totally non-lazy college student breakfast, slippers will make it all better. If you’re as insane for pineapples as the next pineapple freak, you need to get your hands on these. You can find them here.

Which of these items do you think screams “Pineapple Lover” the most?

Thumbnail from Rocky Barnes Blog 

Jasmin is a News Blogger at Her Campus and chapter member at Her Campus Stony Brook. She enjoys blogging, photography, exercising and super sharp eyeliner. Check out her college lifestyle blog Macarons & Mascara and follow her on Twitter @jay_su_
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor