10 Things That Make You Lose Your Chill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

We’ve all been there.  It’s a completely normal day and absolutely nothing exciting has happened when, all of a sudden, SOMETHING happens! Before you know it, you lose your chill.  Trust me, I’ve been there.  I would be a hypocrite and a liar if I did not admit that I’ve been told, on more than one occasion, that I need to “get some chill” or that I “have no chill.”  That’s okay.  I challenge you to show me one college woman—no, one person of any age or gender—that is always put together and has their chill.  I’m no expert but I can guarantee you that it’s pretty much impossible.  

There will always be some situations that make you lose your chill.  Here are ten examples of such situations.

1.  When you find out that the person that you’re kind of crushing on might have a crush on you.

2.  When your crush talks to you and you try extra hard to act chill. (It never works!)

3.  When you open up your test and don’t know the answer to the very first question.

4.  When you’re in public and hear your favorite song and feel the urgent need to sing along, as loudly as possible.

5.  When you see a celebrity and get way too excited.

6.  When you see someone attractive and get way too excited.

7.  When your best friend has big news and is appropriately excited and you get WAY more excited than him or her. 

8.  When you break something that is easily replaceable and still freak out because there’s no way you can spend even one second without it.

9.  When you’re expecting an important email/text/phone call and end up checking your phone every minute even though you know that you will hear it or feel it vibrating.

10.  When someone says they have to tell you something but you have absolutely no idea what that something could be. 

Yup…having chill is no easy feat.  

Beauty lover surviving college one step at a time!
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor