10 Things I Wish I Had While Studying Abroad

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

After studying abroad for a semester, looking back I can see that there were a few things I should have packed in my suitcase before arriving in Europe. Some items I found were very hard to find abroad and many cost much more in other countries. Don’t forget to pack these essentials when you embark on your study abroad adventure!

1. A Portable Charger: In case you need a back up charger when you’re out and about.

2. Dry Shampoo: For short excursions and days when you are running late to class.3. Safety Button: Wearsafe’s personal safety button helps to keep you safe on all of your studying abroad traveling adventures! It will instantly contact you to your emergency contacts and also features a private group chat with those within your own network to make sure you are okay.

4. A Journal: To document your journey, of course! It becomes a place to add pictures and store all of your sight seeing brochures and tickets.5. American & Over-the-Counter Meds: Just in case you can’t find what you’re looking for at the pharmacy! I wish I had brought enough Advil for my stay…

6. An Umbrella: For rainy days…

7. Face Wipes: A midday pick me up that’s live-saving when you’re traveling! Who really wants to backpack around with a 7 ounce facial cleaner?

8. A Bathing Suit: You never know when you’ll take that last minute trip to the beach!9. A Water Bottle: It’s actually pretty hard to find in europe. I had to keep buying plastic water bottles wherever I went.

10. A Lock: To keep your belongings safe at hostels and at your university gym.Now since you have a clearer idea on what you should bring…your study abroad adventure awaits! You could win an adventure of a lifetime by entering Wearsafe’s Giveaway! All you have to do is tell Wearsafe something you have always dreamed of doing with the hashtag #WearsafeAdventure. They will pick one winner and a friend to receive an all paid adventure of a lifetime! How awesome would that be!? Find out more information about the giveaway here

Tiffany is a senior at Stony Brook University majoring in Business Management. She’s an avid chocolate lover, enjoys traveling, taking pictures and baking. One day she aspires to speak Spanish fluently.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor