The most wonderful time of year is finally here! Hot cocoa, ice skating, and Christmas movies are a part of everyone’s schedules, and so is finals. Nothing dampens the Christmas spirit quite like a good mental breakdown, which sounds preferable to cumulative exams right now. College students reunite in the struggle of endless hours in the library, 5 Hour Energy shots consumed by the dozen, and the lack of will to live. Finals week invokes a mindset that makes you question your entire existence, and calculate the absolute lowest grade you can receive to still pass your classes. Whenever you feel that you are David and your Calculus exam is Goliath, read these inspirational quotes to get you through finals week:
10. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky
At least go over your notes. Making an effort can be the difference between a F and a C, so just do something.
9. “Failure to succeed will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” -Og Mandino
8. “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” -Jack Tew
Because the struggle is so real.
7. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” -Nelson Mandela
Netflix must really not want me to change the world, because I can’t focus on Financial Accounting when I still need to watch Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life!
6. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” -Louisa May Alcott
Still pretty scared for my grades to be posted though, I have to admit.
5. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” -Dr. Seuss
The only direction I want to steer myself in is towards my bed, to be honest. The library is probably a better choice.
4. “The expert at anything was once a beginner.” -Helen Hayes
Because the all-nighter before a final is when we go from “I should have gone to class more” to “I am slightly proficient in this subject.”
I’m not sure if I’ll survive finals, but hey, education is worth it.
2. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” -Harry Golden
Please let my hours in the library overcome the fact that I have 4 finals in one day.
Last but not least, the one guiding and inspirational quote to truly lead you through your finals week:
*Insert drum roll here*
1. “C’s get degrees.” -Unknown
Ah, yes, the Golden Rule of college students everywhere. Someone has to have this tattooed on them, right?
So, fellow collegiates, you work through those finals, you own those all-nighters, and above all else, remember that your health is important too. Take some time to eat, sleep, and decompress from all of the stress. When you’re feeling those Finals Week blues, read these inspirational quotes, and remember to put in the work to get the results! Her Campus wishes you the best of luck with your finals, and a happy holiday season!