Erin O’Leary ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Meet Erin O’Leary, a junior, whose passion to read and write has made her an asset to the Her Campus chapter here at Stockton!

Erin is majoring in Literature with a concentration in Creative Writing. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she also is a member of the Digital Writing Club and Stockata (Stockton’s all-female a Capella group). When she’s not working on assignments or binge watching Gravity Falls and Property Brothers, Erin can be found working in the Writing Center as a tutor.  

Erin and some of her fellow Stockata girls. 

Erin knew since she was in elementary school that she had a passion for literature.

“I discovered my love for interpreting literature in high school, and although it took me a little while to realize it once I got to Stockton (like a whole year), I realized Literature just made sense!”

She hopes that her love for literature will one day lead her to Buzzfeed (whose videos she admits are her addiction), or to a library where her best-selling work will be displayed.

Erin, with some of her high shool friends.                                

But Erin isn’t just passionate about writing, she’s also a big fan of alternative, indie, and pop music. While she’s used to playing an album on repeat until they’re unbearable (like she did with Panic! At The Disco’s new album), lately she’s found herself stepping out of her music comfort zones and listening to various other genres too.

“It’s actually been really eye-opening to find what other kinds of songs I like!”

This animal-lover says her life goal is for her and her partner to become proud pet parents to all different kinds of animals in the future.

Erin and boyfriend, John. 

When asked what she values most she said communication:

“Communication is all about honesty, respect, and working together, which is really important when I’m tutoring a student, when Stockata has difficulties with a song, and, generally, in all kinds of relationships. It’s so easy to be passive-aggressive, but I’ve been learning far more effective ways to address and deal with problems”.