This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stevens chapter.

Cooking on a college budget can be frustrating, time-consuming, and seemingly pointless. Sometimes it can feel easier to find more excuses than valid reasons to dedicate the time to cooking. Midterms, endless homework, and classes can make cooking hard, but finding nutritious and easy recipes while also taking a little time to dedicate to yourself and your well-being is both important and rewarding!

Here are a few student-approved recipes that will leave you feeling satisfied, both with your cooking skills and taste buds!

us1ls2ieg6IFytIeRlwmKDrpgpwLNGIPEtk0i0PNCaJ309SsOK23AD k51s0JNjTb jyWSztL mEqY2xdxBNbNTPy6Q0gp98aIMxOLYSfQoPwKEncAwyBaKL2QC sOnLSgOIlnsmk GtuSGZYqU4sDo

1. Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss

This simple recipe requires barely any cooking! Just boil frozen tortellini, and in a separate pan heat olive oil, add and cook shrimp, and include two cloves of garlic. If wanted, include peas in the tortellini when five minutes of cooking are left. After draining the tortellini, mix into the shrimp pan and include some thyme, salt, & pepper. This meal only takes about 20 minutes for total preparation and cooking, and can be easily modified with different seasonings and vegetables!

2. Roasted Cauliflower

Cauliflower is an incredible source of nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants. This recipe can easily be used as a side for a meal or be quickly made and stored for a healthy and filling snack! Cut cauliflower and mix with olive oil, butter (if desired), and seasoning. Seasoning can be as simple as salt and pepper or include rosemary, thyme, paprika, etc. After mixing, spread the cauliflower onto a tray and bake at 425˚F for 15-20 minutes. The cauliflower is cooked when it reaches a desired golden crisp coloring. 

6vHTD8rVjUkAR6QLKbmqPczMvwqyq 7AY5K

3. Buddha Bowls

Buddha Bowls combine vegetables, grains, and proteins to provide a filling and delicious combination of nutrients and flavor. This particular recipe is quick and easy and requires minimal cooking, but here you can find various delicious Buddha Bowl combinations. For this specific recipe use rice (microwaveable, leftover, or your own) as a base. Cut vegetables of choice – broccoli, mushrooms, kale slaw – and drain black beans. Place the vegetables and beans over the rice and add half an avocado and hummus if desired.

4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake

Mug cakes are easy, quick, and satisfy your sweet tooth while requiring only a mug, a bowl, and minimal ingredients! Mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and vanilla. Add milk and butter and stir. After the batter is well mixed, pour it into your mug and add peanut butter and chocolate chips. Cook the cake in the microwave for one minute, and enjoy!

Maddy Tartaglia is a junior at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken New Jersey. Her major is Marketing Innovation & Analytics, with a minor in Psychology. Her personal interests include pop culture, music, art, and literature, and in her free time she loves going to New York, going to the beach, and to concerts.
Isabella Vena

Stevens '26

Isabella is studying computer science at Stevens Institute of Technology. She enjoys spending time in the city exploring stores, coffee shops, and parks, skiing, reading, and spending time with her friends and family! She is a member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority, Girls Who Code, and the Stevens Ski and Snowboard club on campus!