This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

Dear Katies,

The Residence Hall Association executive board has been working hard to redevelop our strategic plan for the 2018-2019 academic year. Our main goal this year is to “Lead Where You Live” by developing a strong residential government to foster conversation, change, programming and community that is student driven and student led. Leading the organization in this direction will allow stability as a whole, higher resident retention from year to year, open more leadership positions ranging from low to high commitment, and grow the residential community. We will have more small, active, and passive programming to allow residents to feel welcome, network with other students, and provide  direct connections to resources that St. Catherine University has to offer. In addition, RHA will be partnering with multiple departments and student organizations on campus to increase our campus engagement and partnership within the St. Catherine community. The St. Catherine University Residence Hall Association is nationally and regionally affiliated with the National Affiliation of College and University Residence Halls and the Midwest Affiliation of College and University Residence Halls. These organizations allow residents to network with other colleges and universities around the United States for improving student life on campus, and with this strategic plan, we will bring more recognition and pride to the residential life here at St. Catherine University.

I have been graciously showered with opportunities where I was able to be a part of the conversation, planning and execution of my ideas. I intend on sharing and fostering this type of leadership for those who embark on this journey along with me. Entering my second year as RHA President, I am working to ensure the mission and values of this organization are being fulfilled, that the diversity of our residential community is being accurately represented and are given numerous opportunities to work with RHA to lead where they live.

Best of luck to all Katie’s entering this 2018-2019 academic year!

Your Residence Hall Association President,

Franceska Moua

Class of 2020

I'm a small Hapa with big goals, on this journey called life, living in a place where the wind hurts my face & learning to become a professional people watcher. Peace and Love -Franceska Moua
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.