This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

LGBTQ+ health topics have a history of going unacknowledged but not anymore. The end of March will see the second annual Opportunity Conference: Advancing LGBT Health. This two-day conference, hosted by the Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI) brings together professionals from a variety of fields to discuss numerous LGBT issues in our world. There will be an array of presentations and activities and invites participants to engage in thought-provoking conversations on the topics and brainstorm ways for resolving key issues.

The conference takes place over STCU spring break on March 26 and 27, and will be held at the Brooklyn Center. Students can purchase tickets at a discount rate of $150. For more information, visit http://opportunityconference.org/

Junior at St. Catherine University, majoring in psychology.
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.