neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips to Finish Off the Semester Successfully

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

The end of spring semester can bring many challenges and stressors. The weather is starting to get nicer, the days are getting longer, and your attention span is getting shorter. It’s exciting and nerve-racking to know you have only 3 weeks left of this term! It’s easy to check out and start planning all the fun things you will be doing this summer. Before the fun beings, you must finish of the semester with great grades and make the most of your time on campus!

Here are 5 tips on how to finish off the semester successfully.

1. No more snoozing. Get up and don’t blow off class.

Get those extra points in and be present. Pay attention and get your money’s worth. Try drinking a cold glass of water and add a stretching morning routine to wake you up and make you feel ready to take on the day. 

2. Look ahead and plan your last few weeks.

If this is something you usually do, good for you! You’re on top of things. If you don’t, it’s a great way to see all the things you have to do,  when it is due, and when you really need to cram in those last minute study hours because you’ve spent the semester rewatching Grey’s Anatomy and binge watching 13 Reasons Why.

3. Take advantage of extra credit.

Yes, take that extra time to write a decent paper to get those 5 points. Boost up your grades while you can! You will feel accomplished and you’ll be glad you did once you see your final grade.

4. Remain Positive

A positive mind attracts positive events. Positive people are more likely to be successful. Believe in yourself don’t set yourself up for failure, and ask for help!

5. Get those last month campus activities in

Taking a break from the books is crucial for maintaining your sanity. No matter what year you are, fill your last semester making memories with your friends at campus events. College is all about making memories, it’s never too late to start.

I'm a small Hapa with big goals, on this journey called life, living in a place where the wind hurts my face & learning to become a professional people watcher. Peace and Love -Franceska Moua