absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Yummy Smoothie Bowls That Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

If you’ve never had a smoothie bowl before, you have never lived! I was introduced to the smoothie bowl world when I went to a juice shop called Salud. I instantly fell in love with the idea of being able to actually eat a smoothie with lots of toppings! I raved about these to everyone I knew, but it was too expensive to go as much as I would like.

Not only are smoothies easy to make, they’re quite addicting once you try them. They can be eaten as a healthy breakfast or even an after-workout snack. So, if you’re trying to stay fit before spring break and actually enjoy eating healthy, keep reading!

I decided that the easiest way to get my smoothie fix was to try and make my own at home or even in my dorm room! I traveled to my local Walmart and realized that frozen fruit was not the cheapest thing in the world. I wanted to be able to make a bunch of smoothies, so spending $10 on a small package of frozen fruit was definitely not going to happen. I searched at different stores and finally, my day became amazing.

I went to ALDI, which is a smaller supermarket that has a lot of good food and a lot of good deals as well. I went to where the frozen fruit would be, and it was like heaven. Every package of frozen fruit was under $5, and they had a wide selection of different kinds of fruit. I grabbed about 4 packages and threw it into my cart. Then I walked to the milk section to buy almond milk, but really any kind of milk would be fine. My total was under $25 everything included, my bank account was happy, and 3 weeks of smoothies in my future.

Next, I had to buy the toppings, which personally is my favorite part. I have tried many smoothie bowls in the past year, so I grabbed a bunch of different things to try for myself. Putting granola and fresh fruit on top of the smoothie makes it taste irresistible.

Now for the fun part! To make a smoothie bowl, you have to have some kind of blender, some milk (almond or coconut are my favorites!), the frozen fruit, and a nice size bowl to put the finished product in. Listed Below are 3 of my favorite smoothie bowl recipes!

Green Machine

Eating green veggies can be rough, try this!

• 1/4 package of ALDI Green Smoothie Frozen Fruit Mix
  • 1 cup of Almond Milk (can add extra depending on thickness)
  • Small Handful of Spinach
  • 1 or Half of a Banana
  • Coconut shavings (sweetened)
  • Oat and Honey Granola
  • Toppings: Oat and Honey Granola, sliced bananas, mini chocolate chips, coconut shavings, chia seeds, bee pollen, & almonds

BERRY GOOD!

Berry lovers, this one is for you!

• 1/4 of a package of ALDI Mixed Berry Frozen Fruit
  • 1 cup of almond milk (or to your liking)
  • 1 banana
  • Handful of spinach
  • Oat and Honey Granola
  • Toppings: Oat and Honey Granola, banana slices, almonds, chia seeds, and bee pollen.

On the Island

Dreaming of the beach? Take a lil vacation with this recipe.

• 1/4 cup of ALDI Tropical Frozen Fruit
  • 1 cup of almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • Oat and Honey Granola
  • Coconut shavings
  • Toppings: Coconut shavings, Oat and Honey Granola, almonds, and banana slices

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

HCXO,

Nicolette

Nicolette Belasco

St Vincent '22

Freshman Communication Major at Saint Vincent College "Everything happens for a reason."