This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

As I’ve recently entered my third year of college, I felt that now would be the perfect time to reflect on the last two years of my life. When I was walking onto campus as an official student for the first time two years ago, I can honestly say I was unprepared for what I’d find. I knew that these were meant to be the “best years of my life,” but I could never have anticipated how formative, valuable, and just plain fun they’d be. I found friendships, love, and support unlike any I’d ever experienced before. It sounds cliché, but I really can’t believe that my time at Saint Vincent is half complete. Although if the next two years are anything like my first ones, they’re guaranteed to be incredible.

Like many others, I was unsure of what my college experience would be like. I was entering school without a declared major, and I was the first person in my family to pursue a degree. While the FAFSA was kind to me, my nerves certainly were not. I couldn’t sleep the night before move-in day because I was so apprehensive. I couldn’t fathom that it was the last time I’d sleep in my own bed for over a month, that the very next day I’d be taking my possessions to Latrobe to have them moved into my tiny dorm room by the Orientation team. Fast forward one year, and I was on that Orientation team and comforting crying mothers who were devastated about sending their only child off to school, just as my own mom had been a year prior.

Neither of those mothers could have guessed what an inclusive, loving family their children were entering. College is a world of opportunity, and Saint Vincent is no exception. In fact, SVC is the epitome of what the college experience can be if you embrace all of the opportunities in front of you here. I came into my freshman year a blank slate, totally unsure of who I was or what I wanted to be. Now I’m pursing a double major in Psychology and Sociology, and have a minor in Children’s Studies as well. I’ve become the President of our Women of SVC Club, a member of Student Government, the Secretary of Active Minds Club, the Events Director of Her Campus Saint Vincent… and the list goes on from there. Perhaps most surprising to high school me is the fact that I joined a rugby team… let me tell you, I get some weird looks when I share that with the people who knew me in high school.

I didn’t write this article to brag about my resume or to list out all the clubs existing on campus; I wrote reminisce on how SVC changed my life… and to say that it can do the same for others… all you have to do is say “yes.” I’m fortunate enough to have chosen a school where anyone can become the most genuine version of themselves. All you have to do is allow the things you love to guide you.

HCXO,

Meg

I'm Megan Miller, a senior Psychology/Sociology double major and Children's Studies minor. You can find me giving campus tours, kicked back in the Fred Rogers Center, or on a date with my homework at the local coffee shop. If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I approach every day with one goal: make Michelle Obama proud.