timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What it Means to be an SVC Bearcat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

As I think about graduating in December, many emotions have been circling my mind throughout the first 2 weeks of the semester. Between my last first day of school ever and interviewing for jobs, the real world is coming much faster than expected. As I continue to reflect on those emotions, I have realized just how much I am going to miss Saint Vincent and all it has given me.

Before getting all sappy, I want to remind not only myself, but the other students of Saint Vincent just how special it is to be able to call yourself a member of this community. So, what does it mean to be a Saint Vincent Bearcat?

1. Friendly & Outgoing

Each person you encounter on campus will most likely greet you with a smile or a “hey, what’s up!” as you walk by them. There is no greater feeling than being cheered up by a friend wherever you go. As you progress through college, you realize that your “class” isn’t just a “class”, but just a big group of some of your closest friends.

2. Fun

While everyone has their own idea of fun, Saint Vincent students sure know how to have a good time in all the activities they do. Whether it be cheering on classmates on the field/court, or spending a Wednesday night at Falbo’s, fun is always near when you see the colors green and yellow.

3. Hardworking

“Work hard, play hard” is definitely a motto I live by. While an important part of college is about having fun, schoolwork always remains important to us Bearcats. The education that we receive at Saint Vincent is unmatched and has set many of us up for opportunities better than we could have ever imagined.

4. Unique/Diverse

There are many students from all over the country/world and of different ethnicities who come to Saint Vincent because of all the great things the college has to offer. Between student athletes, campus ministry, actors and actresses, and much more, our students bring their best qualities and talents to all others in the community.

5. Supportive

The people in the Saint Vincent community have truly become part of my family. Between all of the professors and the friends that I have made, I will never be able to express how grateful I am for each and every one of them. Saint Vincent has truly been my home for the past 3 and a half years and it will continue to be even after my time here comes to an end.

HCXO,

Samantha

Samantha Kenjorski

St Vincent '20

hey there! maryland girl st. vincent college '20 marketing x graphic design