This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

During college, you will most likely experience stressor after stressor. Sometimes, it can seem unbearable and that you will never stop stressing. Luckily, there are things that you can do to alleviate your stress even when you feel like you have no time.

Take deep breaths when possible

I know this sounds so cliché but seriously, getting into a routine to take 2 minutes out of your day to relax and breath will help so much. It calms down your body as a whole. So even when you feel like you have so much going on always make time for a couple deep breaths

Image Credit: Bahrain Confidential

Take a BREAK

Yes, sometimes it feels impossible to stop studying. Especially when you are not doing as well in your classes as you would have hoped. But, taking a break will calm you down and put you in a better more productive mindset. If you are spending from morning to night studying your brain and body need a REST. Try to do something that you love. With happiness flowing throughout your whole body you’ll feel recharged and most likely start to feel better.

Image Credit: Jake Lizarraga

Exercise

Even though it may seem like you do not have enough time, even a little exercise is beneficial. It was get your dopamine levels up which can put you in a better mood for the day. Even though studying is not fun you can at least try to put yourself in a better mood to prepare for studying.

Image Credit: Very Well Fit

Remember that yes school is important, but you are too. During the stressful time in college is important to not only do well, but to take care of yourself. One bad grade does not define who you are as a person and if you are giving it your best effort know that you are doing everything you can. Just do not work yourself up to the point where stress and school take over your life! Make sure to have some fun when possible because you won’t get these four years back!

HCXO,

Elizabeth