This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Although it is hard to imagine with the snow and cold weather (come on mother nature… it’s April), warm weather will soon be here. Let’s be real, we are so ready for warmer weather. Here are some date ideas that you and your S.O. can try out!

1. Picnic

If the weather permits, get some sandwiches, drinks, a blanket, and find a grassy area to enjoy the sun with a picnic. This is a cheap option on a nice spring day if you’re trying to save some money and can be very romantic and fun!

2. The Pittsburgh Zoo

Visit the Pittsburgh zoo to go see the tigers, cheetahs, and flamingos. The zoo is one of the few zoos in the country with an aquarium combined with the zoo. At $16 a person, this can be a fun day trip to visit the animals. To save money, buy sandwiches and chips beforehand and bring it to the zoo with you. Make sure to look for fun events at the zoo too on the day you plan to visit!

3. Go on a Hike

Hiking is a great form of exercise and the best part? Completely free. Pennsylvania has beautiful hiking areas and parks, such as Ohiopyle or Keystone State Park.

4. Go to a Concert

If you plan ahead by checking what concerts are coming to Pittsburgh, you may find some cheap bands you enjoy or one of your favorites coming to play. Although this can be more on the pricey side, it will be an unforgettable memory between you and your sweetheart.

5. Get Ice Cream or Froyo

The best way to enjoy a warm day? Ice cream. Lower calorie option (unless you get a pound of add-ons)? Frozen yogurt. Peaches n cream, Dairy Queen, and Mr. Toppins froyo are just a few places to get you started on the many options around our campus!

6. Star-Gazing

On a clear chilly Spring night, nothing can be more romantic than going star-gazing with your S.O. Make sure to bring a warm blanket and go in an unlit area to see the beauty of the night sky.

7. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

Phipps is a beautiful botanical garden in Schenley Park, Pittsburgh. Taking a walk around their rooms full of plants and art is sure to be a great afternoon. Starting April 21, the butterfly forest will be open as well!

8. Day in the City – Pittsburgh

This is a great option for a fun, adventurous day. Get in your car, drive to Pittsburgh, and see what the city has to offer! The Strip District is a wonderful place to get started.

9. Check out a Farmer’s Market Together

Farmers markets can be fun to check out for a little afternoon trip. We even have one in Ligonier! Make sure to check the hours before heading over, as they are only open Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Bonus: if you buy some delicious, fresh food, you and your love can cook up a meal together!

HCXO,

Norina

Hello! My name is Norina Haefelin and I am a psychology and biology student at Saint Vincent College. I love adventures, travelling, and trying new and exotic foods. In my spare time, I like photography and art, cooking, and hiking. Though I am new to Her Campus, I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful community!