One Tree Hill Says it All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

It’s not too hard to tell that Fall Break is here at Saint Vincent. The leaves are changing colors, the food stash in your pantry is probably diminishing, and your spirits are probably down in the dumps. Have no fear, One Tree Hill gifs are here! There’s nothing better than some Lucas, Nathan, Haley, Peyton, and the rest of the cast to tell ya just what you need to hear.

You are so strong.

Freshman to Senior the start of a new semester means a whole bunch of different things that all lead to their own challenge. Just remember to be the fighter we all know you are!

Distance yourself from negativity.

Being around negative people leads to negative thoughts encompassing you! Instead of leaving that person in their own misery, try to overwhelm them with positivity, and if that doesn’t work just distance yourself and wait for them to come to the bright side.

You are who you are, don’t let labels define you.

It’s not something we can avoid. You will be labeled, but that’s okay. Let your labels push you further, show everyone just how talented and great you are.

S/O to those who always got your back.

Give thanks when thanks are deserved ladies. It takes a lot to be someone’s rock and saving grace. Never forget to give hugs, buy the coffee sometimes, and compliment.

Take a minute and a step back.

Even with all the hustle and bustle of the new semester and the new challenges surrounding you, it’s important to remember your friends. Listening is an important part of friendship. Over fall break, take some time to catch up with friendships that may need some dusting off after this busy semester. 

It’s okay to cry.

We’ve all had those days, don’t be afraid to just let it out! Take some time to relax, rejuvenate, and focus on being the best version of you!

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!