Club Fair Expectations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

To me, the club fair is one of the best days of the year! I get to meet new smiling faces, see old friends, and it’s the first really big event of the semester. If you’re a freshman or transfer, you might be wondering, “what is club fair?” Well, it’s just what it sounds like! All of the clubs and organizations on campus gather in Melvin Platz to display why you should join their club. You’ll be able to sign-up for any of the clubs without commitment. In addition to meeting a bunch of great people, you’ll be able to get FREE stuff. The clubs try to make their table super creative and interactive.

At the Her Campus table this year you will find awesome music, crazy giveaways, and even better people! The Campus Correspondent (Juli Cehula) will be there for the majority of the time to chat with you and find out where your perfect fit will be in the club.

Following most of the clubs that you sign up for, you will be invited to attend a meeting. At the meeting you’ll learn about the club, meet more of the members, and see if the time commitment will work in your schedule.

Each year presents new challenges with your schedule. It’s important to sort your priorities correctly and accurately. A piece of advice that we always give to our members is to be honest with yourself and your club president. When you join a club, you become someone that people will depend on to do certain tasks. It is important to have good communication when your schedule becomes a little too busy with your classes.

If you have any questions about Her Campus Saint Vincent, check out our booth at club fair. We’re so excited to meet you.

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!