This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Have you ever read a quote that made you stop what you were doing and actually think? Well if you haven’t, the time has come. Sometimes I will come across a quote that really stands out and relates to my life. Quotes can put things into perspective, brighten your day, or do both at once! On the other hand, there are always those messages that remind you of something that Forever 21 would sell. Like this…

Image Credit: Buzzfeed​

Here are a few quotes that might align with your own life:

1.) “In times of pain, when the future is too terrifying to contemplate and the past too painful to remember, I have learned to pay attention to right now. The precise moment I was in was always the only safe place for me.” – Julie Cameron

There is no doubt that college is full of stress and anxiousness about what you’re going to do for the rest of your life. This quote reminds me that amongst all the chaos, you have to live for now because that’s all you have!

Image Credit: ilovethispic

2.) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill

Whether it deals with academics, athletics, relationships, etc., there is no excuse to be a pessimist. It can be really, really hard sometimes, but making the best of every situation is always worth it in the long run. Whatever your difficulty may be, you can get through it and might end up getting more out of it than you ever expected.

Image Credit: Listen Money Matters ​

3.) “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs

Hate your major? Change it! Spending the rest of your life doing something you’re not passionate about isn’t fun. Listen to Steve; he clearly had 10 billion reasons to prove he was a smart guy (if you know what I mean…$$$).

Image Credit: The Creative Café

4.) “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone

Ladies, trying to be someone you are not takes a lot of energy and will inevitably fall through. Embrace who you are and let your true beauty shine! There is no limit to your happiness once you start being your complete self.

Image Credit: Tiny Buddha

5.) Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius

I try not to be a perfectionist, but sometimes I can’t help it. If you’re like this too, read the quote again. Everyone says failure is a part of life that ultimately makes us stronger, and they’re right. Your response to failure plays a large role in defining who you are. If things don’t go the way you expected them to, listen to Confucius and rise!

Image Credit: iStock

Oh look, a bonus quote:

“I don’t mean to brag, but I put together a puzzle in one day and the box said 2-4 years.” – Unknown

I thought that was a funny one and had to throw it in. I hope you laughed a little.

HCXO,

Maria

Maria Claybaugh

St Vincent '22

saint vincent college class of 2022 communication major "conquer from within"