StO-Style: What’s Hot – Graphic Sweaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Along with crunching through brightly colored fall leaves and eating and drinking anything involving pumpkin, autumn always makes me want to curl up in a cozy sweater. As the temperatures drop, there is nothing better to keep you warm than a snuggly knit. If you’re like me, there is rarely a fall day that I’m not wearing some variation of a sweater, be it cardigan, cable-knit or cowl neck. 

That being said, I sometimes feel my sweaters lack sartorial punch. How do you jazz up a plain sweater? The answer comes in one of the season’s hottest trends: the graphic sweater. This trend started with Markus Lupfer’s infamous lips sweater (see the vampire version below!) and then completely exploded. Take your pick from the ones below or seek out your own!

Top row, left to right: French Bulldog sweater: $98 – jcrew.com, Pop Art sweater: $480 – boutique1.com, Cat sweater: $42 – romwe.com, Fox sweater: $495 – net-a-porter.com

Bottom row, left to right: Eagle sweater: $110 – topshop.com. Bunny sweater: $80 – topshop.com, Shark sweater: $69 – urbanoutfitters.co, Vampire Lips sweater: $460 – net-a-porter.com

My favorite pick of the bunch is J. Crew’s Frenchie sweater. So cute! Try layering a button-up under your sweater and then throw on a pair of boyfriend jeans and moccasins– a quick and easy outfit for those mornings when your alarm clock gets the best of you!

So get graphic (with a sweater, that is) and stay fashionable, St. Olaf! 

Katie is a recent graduate (and proud alum - UM YA YA!) of St. Olaf College, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. A true Minnesota girl through and through, Katie was formerly a fashion blogger and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus St. Olaf College before becoming a contributing writer for the national site. She currently works as a marketing assistant and is interested in further pursuing a career in marketing, PR, journalism, editing...(she has no idea, if you can't tell). Katie is passionate about traveling and wants to stamp up her passport as much as possible. Katie enjoys social media, blogs, Speculoos cookie butter, dressing for success, fashion magazines and extensively quoting pop culture in social situations (especially 30 Rock). Her one party trick is knowing all the words to "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino.   
Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com