St. Olaf ResLife EXPOSED: HillKitt Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

If you would have told me a year ago that I was going to be a Junior Counselor, I would have laughed in your face. Last October, I felt so extremely awkward not knowing exactly where I belonged in college when it came to my friends or my studies. The overall feeling of misplacement choked me everyday, constantly in fear that I was going to be a failure. I wanted to be different than I was in high school and create a new identity for myself in college, but I also wanted to stay committed to my beliefs and goals. Thanks to my JC’s in Hoyme last year, I was inspired to try so many new adventures. Fast forward to a year later, and this is the happiest that I have been in years. 

Meet the HillKitt ResLIfe Staff! From left to right starting in the back: Mary E., Steph R., (Grandma) Rachel D., Lena W., John S., Leah M., Jessica W., Aaron L., Jordan T., Grant K., Tim K., Natalie W., Austin C., John P., Sarah P., Meg B., Hannah W., and the Area Coordinator Jan W. (Not pictured: Building Assistant Emma W.)

Residence Life has changed me so much in just one month. I’ve been graced with the greatest JC pair, the kindest and most respectful residents, and the most interesting and compassionate coworkers in the world. As crazy as it sounds, I would trust my life with any of my coworkers. (Especially Hannah, since she has already saved my life in a literal way by rescuing me during anaphylactic shock… #oops #thankshannah) I am so inspired by the hard work, talent, and love that my coworkers show on a daily basis. In just one month, we have made enough inside jokes and memories to write an award winning novel strictly full of the memes and egg selfies from our group messages. Thank you all so much for the best first month of work. I look forward to our next eight together. 

xoxo

LM