Rachel Hoverstad ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Rachel Hoverstad

Year of graduation: 2016

Major/concentration: Psychology and Biomedical Studies

Relationship status: single

Favorite place to study: Well, my friends are always in the cage, so I like that.

Favorite food: I’m going to say my favorite meal. Steak and shrimp with mashed potatoes and gravy along with green beans and chocolate milk.

Favorite movie: The Lion King

Hobbies: I’m really not good at sitting still (seriously, ask my roommate). So, I like things where I can be active- dancing, golfing, innertube waterpolo (yeah pooligans!), running…etc. I love singing, reading, working with kids, and being around friends also!

If you could be one superhero, who would you be and why?: Tatum Holland, because she is super…jk probably Spiderman. It would be so fun to shoot webs to fly through cities.

Rachel with her superhero

Favorite animal?: Giraffes!

What is your dream job and why?: I would love to be a Disney Princess for a while. I would get to spend all day singing with kids in the happiest place on earth.

What is the favorite class you’ve taken at St. Olaf and why?: Anatomy and Physiology. The human body is insane with all these crazy processes that just happen automatically and labs are great!

Describe yourself in one word: Excitable

Call or text?: I prefer face-to-face, but if this isn’t an option, calling.

What is your ideal date?: Something fun and spontaneous, but with time to talk and get to know each other, like walks, a Twins game or an amusement park. 

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she is laughing and having fun!

Finish this sentence: A guy looks his best when… he is talking about something he really cares about or doing what he loves.

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know?: Honestly, we are surrounded by awesome people here with so many different perspectives, interests, and passions. Go after what you care about and own it! You’ll truly make a difference!

All photos provided by Rachel Hoverstad’s Facebook, with permission

Maggie is a junior at St. Olaf, currently majoring in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a concentration in media studies.  She runs for the St. Olaf cross-country and track teams, writes for the school newspaper, and tries to do her homework in the downtime. Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, biking, skiing, and swimming.  She's excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!  Um Ya Ya!