Ole Fit: Meet Our New Blogger!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello my fellow Oles! My name is Dani Larson, and I will be bringing you your weekly fitness blog from this day forward. I have been a runner since I ran my first mile fun run when I was four. Running is the cornerstone of my life, but ever since I came to college, that rock of running is always being pushed back and forgotten amidst all the other things that St. Olaf throws at us on a daily basis. Being on the track team has prevented me from losing running in my daily life, but there is a new piece of me that has gotten really good at creating excuses. Usually, they aren’t even reasons why “I can’t”. They are reasons that “I shouldn’t”. My life would be better if I didn’t expel any more energy than was absolutely necessary today. Laziness. It is a sickness that we all know too well.

I want to use this blog to revitalize that part of my readers and myself that thinks exercise is also play. I also want to use this space to highlight women around campus who are killing it in whatever sport they’ve chosen as their passion!

You can consider me your training partner because everyone knows it’s better to workout with a friend than alone!

So for this week, remember that there are infinite ways to stay fit and active. Take some time to think about what you would enjoy doing. If just the idea of running makes you want to throw up, consider rock climbing. If heights terrify you to your core, play some basketball. Life is too short not to enjoy it, so don’t let exercise be another stressor.

Cheers,

Dani

Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.