stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ole Fit: Athlete of the Week: Ava Olson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

As part of Ole Fit, we will now be featuring a female athlete of the week who shows dedication to her team and her school. This week’s feature is Ava Olson, a sophomore on the soccer team who has been working hard this season and even scored her first collegiate goal not too long ago! Meet Ava!

Name: Ava Elizabeth Olson

Hometown: Delafield, WI

Sport: Women’s Soccer

Position: Center Midfield

Favorite song to work out to: I like listening to Kid Cudi or Macklemore type of music when I’m working out!

Best Sports Memory: My high school has had a very successful soccer program for many years. We won state 3 of my 4 years and each of them was just as fun and exciting as the one before it. I was also blessed that both my parents got to watch the final games and I got to see how proud they were of me. It was so rewarding!

Favorite part of being on a college team: My favorite part is easily all the friends I’ve made while playing here. It’s so much hard work and emotionally really hard sometimes as well. Having a whole group and coaches to back you up on and off the field is so awesome and I wouldn’t trade the relationships I’ve made through playing for the world.

Inspiration: Truthfully, I don’t really have a famous athlete I look up to. Basically, I just try and play every day for my teammates always.

Pregame rituals: I have to have certain things for breakfast. I also am not one of those people that has to be super scary focused. I like to be dancing and very relaxed before games and practices.

Favorite food after hard practice: CHOCOLATE MILK

Other campus clubs and activities: Alpha Phi Omega; After Dark Committee

Advice: Easier said than done, but just give 100% with everything you do. Look in the mirror every day and know that you are beautiful in some way and don’t ever feel embarrassed or feel like working out has to be a task. Try adding 5 or 10 pounds to your normal lifts next time (look on Pinterest if you’re interested in some weight lifting activities :) ) Push yourself to run just one more lap around the track or do one more minute of sit ups. Working out and eating well and even being part of a team (if possible) is so healthy for your well being and once you get some small habits going, you will see results. I promise you that!

Pictures provided by Ava