Ole Entertainment: Why #CandidlyNicole Should Be Your New Favorite Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hey Oles! Looking for something new to watch? You may remember Nicole Richie from her days starring in The Simple Life alongside Paris Hilton, but she has her own show now based off of her sensational Twitter feed. Check it out on Thursdays on VH1; episodes are also available online. In case you need convincing, here are some reasons why you should tune in!

1. The fashion.

She may be known for her escapades with Paris Hilton and antics on The Simple Life, but Nicole Richie is also the accomplished designer of fashion line “House of Harlow 1960.” Her fabulous sense of style is evident throughout #CandidlyNicole; from her fashion-forward violet hair to her clunky gold Chanel necklace and vintage floral dresses, you’ll end each episode desperate to head to the closest mall and replicate Nicole’s wardrobe.

1. Nicole’s self-deprecating humor.

Nicole has had her fair share of run-ins with the law, but she doesn’t shy away from her past. She directs most of her jokes at herself and the mistakes she made in her earlier years, referencing her time in rehab and her struggles with alcoholism with incredible comedic timing. Who knew Nicole had such a talent for comedy? Sign this girl up for SNL!

1. The guest appearances.

Nicole Richie is practically an institution in Hollywood, and she has an inner circle packed tight with A-listers. Her adoptive father, music legend Lionel Richie, as well as her fashion model sister, Sofia Richie, are present throughout the season, helping Nicole learn crucial life skills, such as parallel parking and how to set up online dates.

1. Episodes are short.

Episodes of #CandidlyNicole are only 20 minutes long, AKA perfect for a quick study break! On the flipside, this also makes it regrettably easy to breeze through the entire season in a single night.

1. The life lessons.

#CandidlyNicole may seem like it doesn’t have much depth, but each episode has its own lesson it is trying to get across. Self-conscious about your height? Embrace it! Feeling disconnected from your friends? Put down your phone! Worried about impressing someone? Just be yourself! Nicole may approach these topics in a quirky way, but the messages remain clear. Follow her example – sometimes laughing it off is the only thing you can do.

cover photo, fashion, humor, guests, episode, life

Lindsey Tucker is a freshman at St. Olaf College, and is the writer for the Ole Entertainment Blog. When she's not scoping out new music tracks or browsing Netflix for the next show to watch, she enjoys playing accordion with The Runestones, whipping up tasty drinks in The Cage and attending the occasional concert.