Ole Entertainment: 4 Reasons Why Kaitlyn Should Be The Bachelorette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hey, Oles! With only two episodes left of this season of The Bachelor, it’s time to start thinking about who the next Bachelorette will be! Kaitlyn Bristowe, the fun-loving Canadian dance teacher who was just eliminated in a shocking turn of events last week, has been gaining a lot of support online as a potential option. Here’s why our favorite contestant should be the next Bachelorette!

1. She’s doesn’t take things too seriously.

Even with 29 other girls competing for Chris’ time and affection, Kaitlyn never seemed too worried. Most of the time she was secure enough to crack a few jokes and recognize the absurdity of the situation she was in (as well as question the mental stability of those around her).

2. She knows how to have a good time.

From the very first night at the Bachelor mansion, it was clear that Kaitlyn was going to be the “fun one” of the house. I mean, come on – she brought a pair of pants to put under her cocktail dress just so she could teach Chris how to breakdance!

3.  She’s got a great sense of style.

I don’t know if having a fabulous sense of style is some sort of requirement for being a contestant on The Bachelor, but Kaitlyn is definitely no exception to this unspoken rule. She has mastered the effortless cool-girl vibe, and half the fun to tuning in each week was seeing what she was wearing. Just imagine if the focus of the show was on her what kinds of outfits ABC would set her up with!

4. She would come up with the most outrageous date ideas.

Kaitlyn had her fair share of exciting dates this season (Jimmy Kimmel third-wheeling? Check. Feeding monkeys in Bali? Check.) and had no trouble coming up with fun things for her and Chris to do in Phoenix on the hometowns episode. Her adventurous attitude would make for some crazy dates with her male suitors.

#KaitlynForBachelorette

Photos

cover photo, ashley s., breakdance, style, monkeys

Lindsey Tucker is a freshman at St. Olaf College, and is the writer for the Ole Entertainment Blog. When she's not scoping out new music tracks or browsing Netflix for the next show to watch, she enjoys playing accordion with The Runestones, whipping up tasty drinks in The Cage and attending the occasional concert.