Game Day: My Top Ten Favorite Sports Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

As Christmas Break and Interim are fast approaching, I can’t help but be excited for all of the movies I plan on watching. There’s just something about winter weather that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a good blanket, some cocoa and a great movie.  Especially with only one class to worry about, Interim is a great time to finally watch all the movies you never have made time for.

I’m always on the lookout for great sports movies. Watching sports movies is a good reminder of some of the great moments born out of sports.  Whether they’re about comeback teams, underdogs or great individuals, sports movies are inspiring and always exciting to watch.

Here, my top 10 favorite sports movies that I think everyone should see:

1.   Miracle

2.   Rudy

3.   The Sandlot

4.   Remember the Titans

5.   Rocky

6.   Mystery Alaska

7.   Hoosiers

8.   Any Given Sunday

9.   The Natural

10.  A League Of Their Own

I won’t be writing Game Day until after February (Her Campus St. Olaf takes off until second semester), so have a good Christmas Break and Interim, Ole sports fans!

Try and support your winter sports in Interim and maybe even watch some of the movies I suggested.  Good luck to all you Ole athletes!

Photo Credit: Google Images

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.