Fram Fram to Fitness: Holiday Healthier Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello HC Fitness Readers!

This week’s article is for all of you 21+ who are looking for Christmas cocktail recipes that won’t destroy your one hour workout! Before I share about these mouth-watering mixes, I want to emphasize the fact that I’ve stressed in past articles (written about alcoholic beverages) that I am not saying anyone should drink. If you choose to drink and are of age, just don’t overdo it. Drink responsibly because not only is it the safe way, but it will also save you from too many extra cals.

While I was searching the Web for articles on cocktails, I found a Shape Magazine article (which I will say, after a year of writing this blog, is my favorite fitness mag), entitled the “12 Cocktails of Christmas.” These health-modified drinks not only sound scrumptious and have great names names (I mean come on, twelve skinny Santa’s, seven swans a sparkling and five box of wine are quite creative), but also won’t have you struggle to zip up those Lucky jeans.  

Check out this site: It has 12 great cocktail recipes, with my personal favorite being the one highlighted below, the “Cran-Merry Margarita”:

http://www.shape.com/blogs/fit-foodies/ninth-cocktail-christmas-nine-cran-merry-margaritas

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.