Easter Treat Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

In my mind, Easter means a warm spring day, daffodils blooming, and eating brunch outside on the porch. This years’ Easter might look drastically different: snow on the ground and temperatures in the 30s. Despite the colder weather outside, your kitchen will still be a nice and cozy place to make Easter treats.

If you are like me then you will have a hard time resisting all the Easter candy in the grocery stores, especially Peeps and Reese’s peanut butter eggs. When it comes to Peeps, I have zero self-control.

I found three Easter-themed recipes that look scrumptious and easy, and some incorporate Easter candy. Here are the recipes for Cadbury Egg Cupcakes, Carrot Strawberries, Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies.

Cadbury Egg Cupcakes: This recipe places everyone’s favorite Cadbury crème eggs inside chocolate cupcakes and tops them with a Robin’s egg blue almond frosting. This recipe calls for homemade cupcakes but I am sure substituting cake mix cupcakes works just as well.

Source: Pizzazzerie  

Carrot Strawberries: Classic chocolate covered strawberries with a twist. These strawberries are cleverly disguised at carrots thanks to orange dipping chocolate.

Source: Sugar Bean Bakers 

Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies: Reese’s are my all time favorite candy, so these peanut butter cookies stuffed with Reese’s look amazing. The cookie dough has only a couple ingredients and looks really easy to whip up.

Source: Bake at 350

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.