free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Companies to Intern With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Internships are no doubt one of the greatest opportunities to launch your career. Through these experiences, you gain the hard skills that you may need in your future, and you are introduced to a wide world of professionals that can help you navigate the real world! Here are some of the most popular and most lucrative companies to intern with this summer:

#5: Epic Systems

A great company located in Madison, Wisconsin, Epic renovated the world of healthcare by implementing groundbreaking computer software. Epic interns are given a great deal of autonomy and are encouraged to be creative with their projects while collaborating with peers and professional mentors alike. Hard skills such as handling design, development, testing and documentation will all be utilized and improved throughout the summer. Most importantly, Epic wants interns to have fun while creating impactful projects!

#4: Nordstrom

This sophisticated, friendly department store has a reputation for impeccable customer service and that atmosphere remains true for all offices within the company. Multiple internship programs are offered ranging from Visual Stylists to Retail Management. Interns are welcomed into a dynamic setting that encourages eagerness and self-motivation, along with a drive to stay up-to-date with current trends!

#3: Qualcomm

This revolutionary engineering company is consistently ranked as one of the top internship programs in the US. The entire program is designed to serve as an interview for a full-time position with the company. Most interns find themselves with a full-time position at Qualcomm after graduation. The summer programs entail intense training, lab time, research and innovation. However, this is paired with lots of peer interaction that involves leisure activities and team outings.

#2: Proctor & Gamble

Despite the fact that this company functions as the foundation for globally recognized products like Tide, Bounty, Pantene, and CoverGirl, their upper lever management is often caught spending their lunch hours chatting with interns about life outside of the corporate world. Interns are integral to the functioning of this company that is constantly required to be one step ahead of the everyday needs of normal people around the world. They provide invaluable insight for projects that improve peoples’ daily lives!

#1: Google

This comes as no surprise since Google consistently top the charts for employee satisfaction rankings, but past interns claim they were treated even better than full-time employees!  Let’s not overlook the incredible opportunities that are provided to any member of the Google team – the chance to work at the forefront of technology innovation. With such a wide range of functions, Google hires a large team of innovative students each summer which means interns are a part of a diverse and brilliant community of peers!