This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Smoothies are an amazing way to start your day and an easy way to sneak an ample amount of vitamin-packed greens into your diet. The benefits of starting your day off with fruit are rooted in not just taste but also in science. Fruit is one of the most easily digestible foods and nutritionally dense with fiber and healthy sugars. When you first wake up, the best thing you can do for your beautiful body is to replenish it with the vitamins and minerals it deserves. Not to mention, smoothies are easy to make, easy to prepare in advance, and easy to modify based on your preferences. Here are my four favorite smoothie recipes! 

Classic Green:

• Spinach (spinach is a great neutral green; it doesn’t taste like much but it adds so many health benefits)

• Frozen banana 

• Frozen pineapple

• Coconut water

Berry Green:

• Frozen blueberries

• Frozen strawberries 

• Frozen blackberries 

• Frozen banana

• Spinach 

• Almond milk 

(Tip: How to Make Your Own Almond Milk)

• Soak 1 cup of almonds overnight 

• Blend almonds with 4 cups of water in a blender (add dates or vanilla for taste preferences)

• After blending, strain the liquid from the almond pulp with a cheesecloth 

Mango Green: 

• Frozen kale

• Banana

• Frozen mango 

• Frozen blueberries 

• Almond milk 

Tip: If you are looking to make your smoothies more filling, add a scoop of your favorite nut butter or even a scoop of seeds or oats. A scoop of seeds or oats helps to add some dimension.

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.