ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Six Productive Outlets for Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Exercise – Getting active is a great way to relieve stress. Giving your mind a break is important, especially in college. Exercise is the perfect outlet that also allows you to feel productive and healthy!

Photo creds: WebMD

Journaling – It’s not for everyone, but writing can be therapeutic as well as fun! Journaling presents an opportunity to debrief and reflect on your day or week while also giving you a feeling of productivity.

Photo creds: Tumblr

Read a book – Read a book, or a magazine, or anything in printed form for that matter. While the internet is great, we often times get distracted from whatever it is we intended to do. Reading is an outlet that also allows us to learn something new or simply be entertained without any stressful distractions!

Photo creds: ClipArtFest

Volunteer – Service work is a great way to forget about stress and focus on the needs of others. By volunteering we are able to be actively productive while also giving ourselves a break from everything that may be going on in your personal life. Nothing is more gratifying than the feeling of knowing you have truly helped make someone else’s life a little bit better. If you’re looking for something local, try SLU Buddies or Reading Buddies!

Photo Creds: Kayla Schmalz

Clean or Organize – Whether it’s cleaning your room or organizing your planner, cleaning and organizing will help you feel productive and on top of everything it is that you have to accomplish.

Photo creds: HGTV

Have a cup of tea – College can be overwhelming. Don’t beat yourself up for being stressed! Reminding yourself that you also need to take care of your well-being is important, and having a cup of tea is the perfect way to take a deep breath, sit back and take a break!

Photo creds: Meredith, All Recipes

.
Kayla is Junior at St. Lawrence University, majoring in Communications and minoring in Sociology. She is a member of the Women's Lacrosse team on campus and is Vice President of Public Relations at Delta Delta Delta. She lives in Milbrook, NY where she is the 2nd oldest of four children and where her 4 doggies stay. Her role models include.. Amy Schumer. Kayla just recently got back from a semester abroad in Prague and is excited to pick up Chapter Coorespondent for Her Campus St. Law U once again!