This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

With only a few more weeks left of classes, there may be a couple of things going through your head; how are you going to survive the summer without your friends, how are you going to get that summer internship or how you know when you return in the fall campus will not be the same. Next semester, the seniors will have graduated, some will have transferred, and others will be abroad. Being such a small school, every semester will be different. There will be different students on campus, different teachers and different courses being taught. With that said, there are a few things you should do before you leave campus regardless if you are a first year or a senior.

Cherish the time you have with your friends. Friend groups may change from year to year throughout your time at SLU. Your freshmen friends may not be the same group as your senior year. With that said, there is a reason you are friends now; recognize this and thank them for everything they have done.

Spend time outside! Sunny weather in Canton can be an anomaly so it is important to take advantage of it! Throw a frisbee around with your friends, go down to the river or tie up a hammock. Regardless of what you do, it is important to defrost after brutal Canton weather. Looking back on my years, I can recall some of my most fun afternoons during the sunny spring weather.

See your advisor! Semesters at SLU go by so fast so it’s important to check in with your advisor to make sure you’re on schedule with all of your requirements for graduation. Whether you have two semesters or six before you graduate, it will come up fast!

So many alumnae recall their four years at SLU as the best four years of their lives. They make friendships that last a lifetime, discover their academic or non-academic passions, and create everlasting relationships with faculty and students. With only two more weeks of school left, I urge you to stay on top of your work so you can spend time with your friends, hang in the quad and truly cherish all the amenities St. Lawrence has to offer.