This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

As this semester comes to a close, the sad reality of leaving St. Lawrence for the summer continues to inch its way closer, day by day. This being my second year at SLU, I am familiar with the sadness of leaving and I now realize there may never be a finals week when I am not sad to return home for the summer. While my friends start to pack up as they finish their exams, it is easy to get caught up in tears and heartfelt goodbyes. However, now going through this a second time, I have come to realize that while I have many reasons to be sad about leaving SLU, I also have many many reasons to be excited to return back in the fall.

Here are a couple of my favorites to get you through this last week!

A new room and a new space to make my own – Most students experience a change in residential living between the spring and the fall and while it can be hard to pack up your room now, be excited to create this new space. Many of you will have new roommates to look forward to living with and don’t forget to start brainstorming how to optimize the space in your room!

Students returning from abroad programs – As sad as I am to see many of my friends going abroad next semester, I am also excited for all the students returning from their semesters of study abroad in the fall. They all have seemed to have amazing experiences while abroad and I can’t wait to hear about them.

New classes – While I have enjoyed a majority of my classes at St. Lawrence, it is very common to become tired of a class’ content after a four month period. Therefore, I am excited to start new classes in the coming semester to change up not only what I am studying, but the professors and classmates I am surrounded by.

The Student Activities Fair next Fall – While I was driving home from school for last summer, I remember explaining to my dad that there were so many fun clubs and activities always going on at SLU and that I wished I had participated in more. Upon coming back for this fall, I heard about the Students Activity Fair that takes place every fall in order to inform the student body of the many organizations that exist on campus. With an endless line up of organizations and clubs, I look forward to coming back each fall to either promote a club or join new ones at the Student Activities Fair.

Fall in the North Country – As the weather has been so warm and sunny, I have loved spending the past week outside every chance I have had, but nothing compares to the beautiful foliage of the North Country in the fall. While my room seems to be getting hotter and hotter each day, I look forward to coming back in the August when the leaves are back on the trees and grass greener than ever.

(personal photos)