Profile: Charlotte Kirby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Since school has started back up, music is always playing. Whether you’re studying for your Chem test, running around Canton, or pre-gaming the Tick Tock, good tunes are a necessary background noise. So, we’re taking the conversation to the notorious music guru, Charlotte Kirby who always knows which song to play next.

What’s your go-to study playlist?

My go to music for when I’m studying is slow and somewhat alternative. This always manages to set the perfect mood for getting in the zone. I usually start off with some John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band, or ColdPlay. For more upbeat alternative, when I’m trying to stay awake, I like to switch it up to Florence and the Machine, or Mumford and Sons. When I get sick of my regular studying playlists I usually let “Top Hits on Spotify” do the job for me!

What music helps you stay in the zone for working out?

While working out I like to stick to pretty intense songs to keep me motivated. My playlists consists of a lot of Drake, Kanye, etc… Even their 2000 hits are always a good throwback. Lately I’ve been really into A$AP Rocky, Migos, and Future.

What do you throw on the AUX during your long drives back up to SLU?

My personal taste tends to get a little rogue so not sure if anyone will back me up on this, but I definitely jam out to the oldies and classic rock during my six hour trek back to school (Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie…).  I also love jam bands like Phish and Twiddle.

Any up and coming artists you’d recommend?

Zella Day is a really cool artists. She’s got a bohemian-type style which I would definitely recommend to check out!

How about your pregame music? What gets you in the Tick Tock/Hoot/Java/Going out mood?

I usually listen to whatever’s playing – chainsmokers, MO and Snakeships, RAC etc…For this I stick a little more to Soundcloud so I can get the fun remixes. Also if you add some good oldies into the mix it’s guaranteed to start the fun, great example is Mr. Jones by Counting Crows or Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest.

What’s your soundcloud username for interested followers?

Charlotte Kirby. I highly recommend my “Summer Litmas” playlist, it’s a mix of oldies and turn up songs, definitely a fan favorite.

Hi! I'm a sophomore at St. Lawrence University. I'm majoring in Enlgish Lit with a minor in communications...I love writing, piano, and art. I enjoy hanging out with friends and going on adventures whenever possible...as well as eating bagels.