Goals For A Second Semester Freshman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

First semester freshman year at St. Lawrence I have met some amazing people, grown up a little, learned more about myself and the world, missed my family and doggie a bunch, I have certainly missed chipotle, sweated and raced my heart out in spin classes, gained a greater appreciation for NoCo and colder weather, and had countless laughs and memories made. Overall, I have realized that St. Lawrence is where I belong and I am so thankful for that. Yet, I would like to look forward and set some goals for myself to accomplish this second semester.

Get More Involved:

Now that I am better adjusted to my workload and routine at SLU, I would love to get more involved on campus. Whether it be applying for a job on campus, joining more clubs and organizations (Her Campus is a great one to join), volunteering on and off campus; this would be a great way to become more connected to St. Lawrence, meet new people, and stay busy.

Get Fit:

This semester I hope to get into a set weekly workout regimen. This could be done through religiously going to spin classes, doing Kayla Itsines workout (or using any workout app), practicing yoga, or joining a club team. This will be a great way to release stress and get moving!

Summer Plans:

I hope to soon solidify my plans for this summer; whether they be to have a fun summer job in my hometown (or somewhere new), getting a summer internship or fellowship with St. Lawrence, or to travel.

Meet New People:

Whether it be upperclassmen, professors and potential advisors, or people in my hall, I hope to meet a bunch of new people this semester. Some ways in which I met people last semester was by getting to know people in my class, through mutual friends, or even at the gym. Although it may be difficult, mixing it up and meeting new people is one of the best things you can do as a college freshman.

Planning For the Future:

Freshman year is also a great year to explore many disciplines and decide what subjects you like or dislike. I definitely want to go more frequently to Career Services this semester; I would love to have a finalized resume, set up a Linkedin account, meet with alumni and learn more about how these alumni have gotten to where they are today. In addition, I want to explore the major and minor programs here at St. Lawrence to see which programs interest me. Also, I hope to learn more about the study abroad programs St. Lawrence offers.

Have Fun!

Overall, it is still just my second semester here at SLU; therefore I have to remember to live in the moment, take it easy, and of course have a blast! HCXO.

Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors! 
.