Early Bird gets the Worm- How to make Getting up Early a Habit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Photo creds: Misty Sansom

Plan ahead – Plan your morning ahead of time so you can just wake up and do it. Making a list of what needs to be done will make your morning much less stressful and much more productive! It also will make sure you don’t forget anything in a sleepy haze. Knowing what you need to do will also motivate you to get out of bed and not make excuses for “another 5 minutes.”

Only set one alarm – Don’t set more than one alarm. Knowing that if you roll over you won’t have anything to wake you back up will make it easier to react to your alarm and get your day started on time.

Get your zzz’s – Going to bed at a reasonable hour, and getting enough sleep will make it easier to wake up early the next morning!  

Treat yourself – Give yourself something to look forward to when you wake up, such as warm oatmeal and tea or coffee in your favorite mug!

Pick your outfit the night before – Planning your outfit for class the night before will help you to feel confident and prepared when you get ready for the day. It will also save you lots of time and energy when you need it the most!

Find a routine and stick to it – Having a routine makes everything easier. Even if you’re still sleepy eyed when you first get up, knowing exactly what you need to do will help make your mornings run smoother.

Seize the day – So, when you wake up and you hear a tiny voice of doubt inside your head, always remember: the early bird gets the worm!

Photo creds: Favim.com