This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

The beginning of school brings the start of late night pizza orders, chicken pesto wraps, and many more unhealthy snacking habits. As you plan out your room décor, also take a minute to set up a healthy snack drawer and fridge!

After attending boarding school and a year at St. Lawrence, through much trial and error, I have finally figured out what snacks in my room help set me up to be successful. It is important to recognize that each individual’s preferences and nutritional needs are different, so the following is simply a guide to help you figure out what works best for you!

Non-Refrigerated:

Nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, candied walnuts for something sweet)

Granola

Nut butter Packets (Artisana and Justin’s are both great options)

Apples (go get a bunch with your friends at the nearby orchards in October!)

Bananas

Popcorn

Dark chocolate Morsels (great mixed in with the popcorn, fruit, nuts, or yogurt)

Protein Bars: Kind, Cliff, etc.

Refrigerated:

Strawberries

Carrots (or any veggies to have with hummus)

Hummus

Chobani Yogurts

Cheese Sticks

Water (add fruit!)

Freezer:

Grapes (they are so delicious when frozen!)

Personally, I have found it useful to have my snacks individually portioned and to only have a week’s supply at a time. Artisana and Justin’s make great individually portioned packets of nut butters, Skinny Pop makes great individually portioned popcorn, and Chobani and cheese sticks are typically sold pre-portioned.

Everybody is different, but depriving yourself is never the answer. Plus, Sergis and chicken pesto wraps are a must-have once in awhile! As Gigi Hadid once said, “Eat clean to stay fit, have a burger to stay sane.”

Photos: Pinterest, Eat This, Not That