The Best Places to Eat In and Around Canton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

When you first come to SLU, it might seem as though there aren’t any quality restaurants in the area. Even though it may appear this way, there are some nice restaurants in the area that make it feel like you are’nt even in the North Country. Here are some of the best restaurants around Canton that might be useful with Family Weekend coming up!

Jake’s On the Water – Jake’s is located in Potsdam NY and is only a 15 minute drive. It is right on the lake and has a soothing atmosphere on the inside. The menu at Jake’s changes throughout the seasons so it is always a good spot to visit if you want to get away from Dana! Pro tip: Always try the cookie skillet if it on the menu!

1844 House – 1844 is located in Potsdam and is only a 5 minute drive up the road. This is a great spot if you are craving steak or a quality salad. 1844 is also a great spot to take your parents during Family Weekend because it truly is a treat and has a great atmosphere!

The Bagelry – The Bagelry is a cute cafe in our little town and the inside is adorable with the twinkling lights. This is a great restaurant if you just want to grab a bagel, but is also a nice place to study with friends! From a plain bagel to the Nova Lox, you seriously can’t go wrong. The Bagelry also serves Park Bros coffee so it is definitely worth the visit!

Maxfield’s – Maxfield’s is located in downtown Potsdam and is a nice place to go with your family when the restaurants closer to Canton are full! Maxfields is casual and is also a great place to go with friends to get off campus.

Between the Buns – Are you craving a burger? Between the Buns is in downtown Potsdam and has many different kinds of burgers. This is a fun place to come with friends because it is casual and you they always have sports playing.

(Photos: Trip Advisor, Yelp, Pinterest, Jakes on the Water)