5 Fun Activities to do on Mid-Semester Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Mid-semester break is a time for St. Lawrence students to (typically) go home and rest from their busy semester. As a sophomore, I’ve had three mid-semester breaks. It sometimes can be difficult to think of ways to keep active. So I came up with five things that encapsulate an activity filled mid-semester.

1. Reach out to a friend/friends to get a bite to eat.

This is something so simple, yet something I always forget to do while home for a few days. Asking a friend out to lunch is a great way to get out of the house and also to catch up. Being away from friends at college is difficult, but utilizing the time you have home to catch up with a friend is a good way to spend your time.

2. Visit friends at college.

Considering a lot of schools don’t have a mid-semester breaks like SLU, this is a great time to visit friends at their colleges. I, myself, am visiting a friend at her college for mid-semester. It’s nice to explore a different college and see how friends’ college experiences are going.

3. Catch up some on your favorite television shows.

Unfortunately, with a busy schedule it’s difficult to keep up on the shows I love to watch. No hurt to go home and binge on your favorite seasons.

4. Ice skating.

Depending on where you live, ice skating is always a fun activity to pursue during the winter. For me, I live in Syracuse where there are many rinks and places to go for open skate. Ice skating is a fun and active way to get out of the house.

5. Bake.

Bake in the time you can while you’re home. Baking is one of my favorite hobbies and, when I’m home, I take every chance I can to bake. College food typically isn’t the best, so make the most of your time being home to eat yummy foods. Baking is still a way to be active and use your time in a fun way. 

Claudia Fradette

St. Law U '21

Hi, I'm Claudia and I am currently the Senior Editor for St. Law U's Her Campus chapter! I'm from Syracuse, NY and I am majoring in Government and minoring in English at St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY. 
Katie Leffel

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Katie Leffel and I am a sophomore and Campus Correspondent for St. Lawrence University, situated in Canton, New York. I am furthering my interests and pursuing double major in Business in the Liberal Arts and Economics as well as a minor in Film Studies. In addition, I am from Connecticut and my interest include fashion, art, exersize, and the great outdoors!