women fists raised in air
women fists raised in air
Original Illustration by Gina Escandon for Her Campus Media

10 Global Activism Instagram Accounts You Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Back in October, our chapter published an article called 10 Feminist Instagram Accounts You Should Be Following and today, I am excited to share 10 educational/activism accounts that you should check out! This is also a reminder that Instagram should not be your sole resource for learning about current events. Use this article as your Call To Action and be the change you want to see in the world!

@soyouwanttotalkabout

Their posts are absolutely incredible; each slide containing important information you should talk about! These posts can be useful tools when holding discussions with friends, family, and colleagues about current events.

@shityoushouldcareabout

S**t You Should Care About also has great informational posts. Their approach is combining infographics (often sharing content from So You Want To Talk About, along with screenshots of Tweets, memes, and photographs. This account may not be as cohesive, but its content sure is useful and covers a wide spectrum of activism topics.

@genzwrites

Gen Z Writes’s profile says it all: “Amplifying marginalized youth voices around the [World] through our magazine & events.”

@zenerations

Zenerations is an account “For the teens taking the world by storm. Empowering the activists, creatives, entrepreneurs, and changemakers within Gen Z.” Their content is absolutely amazing with each post being created by graphic design artists in a welcoming manner.

@activismandstuff

This account embraces activism as well as self-care! We can’t ignore how important mental health is right now! Check out their account!

@impact

Impact’s content is creative and informative! Covering signs from protests, Instagram Reels/TikToks that embrace diverse representation, and graphic designs art from upcoming artists!

@teenagetake

Teenage Take is an underrated account that aims to help people better understand current events and what is being discussed today.

@diversifyournarrative

Diversify Our Narrative covers all of the topics you can think of! From self-care to activism, this account covers it all! 2020 has been a year of ups and downs, and this account encourages you to participate in activism while finding time to take care of yourself.

@globalreform

Global Reform is another account with great infographics that cover current events as well as some topics that you wouldn’t think would be important to re-consider in your day-to-day life!

@whydontwediscuss

Why Don’t We Discuss has all-around great infographics and scrolling through their feed is seamless with their straight-to-the-point title slides on each post.

What are your favorite educational/activism accounts? I hope these ignite the activism in you and motivates you to be the change you wish to see in the world. Take activism beyond the screen and make a change today!

Check out our social media platforms here!

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.
We are Her Campus St. Law U.